Friday, August 28, 2009

Wedding Planning SUCKS!!!!!

Ahhhhh! I'm going crazy planning the wedding! We have always wanted to get married on the beach but picking the perfect place, and being able to afford it, is hard! All our searching keeps bringing us back to St. Lucia. It is soooo pretty there. We have to keep our family in mind at the same time. We really want our parents and sisters there. I really don't want a big production, just something small and intimate, then a party/reception when we get back. The islands are expensive! We have money set aside but to be able to afford everything may mean dipping into our "house fund." I have a feeling I'm not going to have a choice but we can make it up fast. I have to keep telling myself that. I don't want my dad to have to foot the bill for us, just the actual wedding, and reception of course. We've found 3 resorts, all inclusive, in St. Lucia that we like but there is one we REALLY like. It's a little more pricy but it would make a beautiful wedding! :) It may be hard to get everyone we want there but I hope it works. Sach and my parents keep telling me to do what I want but I can't help but think of everyone else. Help us pray that God leads us to the place we are supposed to be. :) I have not even thought of the reception yet but I have a feeling after planning the wedding it will be easier to plan the reception, hopefully!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

My advice to you is: Focus on what you and Sach want for your special day. I struggled when planning our wedding with a lot of the details because I always wanted to make sure my mom was okay with this...and that his mom was okay with that...and that making certain choices wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings...and ultimately it stressed me out way too much. When it is all said and done your wedding day is about you and Sach starting your life together, and it should be about what the two of you want. So I say pick the place you really like. You won't regret it! Good luck girl!

Alaina said...

Alyssa has 2 friends that just honeymooned in St. Lucia. You should talk to her to see where and what they thought!