Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Surviving the first trimester......check

The last 3 months have flown by! It's hard to believe that I am through the first trimester. I have had a very blessed pregnancy so far and have had no sickness. Sach kept asking, "Are you sure you're pregnant?" and I really didn't know because I wasn't getting sick, like everyone else I knew did. But I'm not complaining! :) I had all the other symptoms though including being EXTREMELY tired! I'm finally getting my energy back, which makes work alot easier.
We had our 2nd sonogram yesterday and the little nugget is "perfect." He/she was very active! Our sonographer took a guess at what sex the nugget would be but I'm going to wait to post the sex until the next sono (even though she is rarely wrong). :) Needless to say Sach and I are super stoked! We have a few names that we like but agreeing on a name is really hard. Whatever we decide will be perfect for our little nugget.

My aunt Sherry lent me some pregnancy books from when she was preggo with my little cousin (who's about to be 21). The pictures were WAY more graphic back then! Sach was flipping pages pretty fast! My favorite book she gave me has been a comic book titled "David, We're PREGNANT!" It's by one of my favorite cartoonists, Lynn Johnston. She writes the "For Better or For Worse" comic strip. I have included a page that pretty much sums up how I'm feeling these days.


I'll be including some others in later posts. They are pretty funny! I am so ready to look pregnant and not like I've eaten one too many chili dogs. :) I've been so worried about gaining too much weight but I should have known God would be good to me. I've only gained 5 lbs so far (even though I feel like I've gained 20!). My clothes are starting to get a little tighter and I can just forget about a belt! I can't wait to shop for some new clothes!!

We have begun packing for our move. We still have a month but I figure a little here and there may make it easier in the end. We bought the tile for our new house yesterday! I can't wait! Tile is heavy! I attempted to help Sach unload it (he told me not to) and boy was that a mistake. I ended up dropping a box on my foot and now have a beautiful bruise. Lesson learned. Listen to my husband!



1 comment: